I am happy to announce the release of my book “Location Intelligence for Windows Store Apps”. This is available as a free eBook. Yes I said “free”, as in “Free beer”.
Location Intelligence has been one of the fastest growing industries in recent years and continues to grow at an exponential rate. Seventy to eighty percent of all business data has some sort of geospatial context. Many companies want to make use of this data however most of them do not know where to start. Many of these same companies are planning to create Windows Store apps.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Getting Started
- Chapter 2: The Sensor and Location Platform
- Chapter 4: Bing Maps Native API
- Chapter 5: Bing Maps REST Services
- Chapter 6: Bing Spatial Data Services
- Chapter 7: Working with Spatial Data
- Chapter 8: Drawing on the Map
- Chapter 9: Creating an Augmented Reality App
- Chapter 10: Creating a Templatable Compass Control
- Chapter 11: Cross Platform Development
Download the book from:
The code samples for the book can be downloaded here.