In order to display a route on a map image the following steps will have to be taken:
1) Geocode the start and end points of the route using the Geocoding service.
2) Calculate a Route and have the route geometry returned using the Routing Service.
3) Calculate the best map view for the route path.
4) Request map image from the imagery service that matches the best map view calculated in step 3.
5) Draw the route line on the map image using .NET drawing tools.
6) Draw the route turn points on the map image using .NET drawing tools.
Below is an example of a route that was created using the above method. Complete sample code can be found here: